Join the Supplemental Health Care team in Texas by working with one of our top-tier school systems for the entire 2018-19 school year in Central Texas. The School Speech-Language Pathologist will apply their expertise in identifying, evaluating and treating school-aged children, to help students succeed; as every child deserves to learn and thrive without labels or limits!
Location: Killeen, TX (an hour North of Austin)
Ages: K-12th grade flexibility (higher caseload with younger students
# of Schools: 1-3
Length: Entire 2018-19 school year (great way to complete your CFY)
Pay Rate: Up to $40.00 per hour
General Duties for this position as a School Speech Language Pathologist:
- The SLP's goal is to remediate, improve, or alleviate communication and swallowing problems to help students achieve their maximum potential in learning, social, prevocational/vocational, and recreational activities.
- The school-based Speech-Language Pathologist's (SLP) focus is the communication abilities of students.
- Provides and directs speech-language services to children ages 0-22 in a variety of early intervention and educational settings.
Essential Functions for the school-based Speech-Language Pathologist:
- Provides pre-referral consultations and contribute to initiatives including Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Implements and conducts speech-language therapy treatment to meet goals and objectives in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), the Individual Transition Plan (ITP), or 504 Plan.
- Identify whether students who fail screening should be referred for a speech-language evaluation.
- Instructs student, family and staff in appropriate speech-language procedures or home program to allow carry over of therapeutic remediation and goals in daily activities.
- Presents speech-language assessment results at team meetings.
Supplemental Health Care prides itself in offering industry-leading benefits catered to any situation including: Healthcare, option for year-round compensation, Helping Hands referral program and a 24/7 approach to customer service.
Interested Speech-Language Pathologists can call or text Jim Burris at 469.844.8909 for immediate consideration.
Speech-Language Pathology - CFY
Reference #: P683938